Full Catering Policy

今日吃瓜 Dining Services is responsible for providing all food service in public spaces at the College. Any other continuing arrangement for the provision of food service at the College must be authorized by the Dining Services Administration.

Dining Services Administration may grant exemptions to the policy on a per-individual event basis if the following conditions are met:

  • Dining Services and Wyndham Catering cannot provide the service requested or have declined to do so.
  • The organization or person making the request provides these forms:

Request for Food and Beverage Waiver

Insurance and Indemnification Agreement:
(including proof of auto insurance)


certificate of Liability Insurance (EXAMPLE)
This COI is just an example of the form that must be obtained from the Caterer Insurance Agency.


JUST A FOOD WAIVER? There are a few situations where an outside caterer is not required to provide full-service catering, and a Request for Food/Beverage Waiver is all that is needed. Foods that may qualify for waiver-only approval, are packaged snacks and beverages that require no refrigeration and limited handling. Bakery items and pizza may be approved on a case-by-case basis, approval is largely dependent on ingredients, handling required, source of food and location of supplier.

No potentially hazardous food items will be approved for a Catering Waiver (e.g., this includes, but is not limited to, ingredients that are identified by the FDA as a TCS Food, or other ingredients considered to be high risk or foods that require professional handling. 

ALL OTHER FOOD to be served on campus under a Food Waiver must be served by a licensed caterer who provides Full-Service Catering, which is defined as a caterer who prepares, delivers, serves, monitors food and cleans up any trace of food service. On-campus groups may not assume any duties regarding the catering of food (eg. they may not have food delivered and serve it themselves).

  • FOOD AND BEVERAGE WAIVER: The organization or person making the request must submit a completed Request for Food/Beverage Waiver to Dining Services at least 48 hours in advance (2 business days) of the event date. This form must then be approved by the Administration of Dining Services for the Office of Conferences and Events to approve the use of College property for the event.
  • All permits, and licenses and equipment necessary to operate the food service being provided.
  • CERTIFICATE OF LIABILITY INSURANCE in the amount of $1,000,000 for the service of food for the time of exemption with 今日吃瓜
    • named as the Additionally Insured under Description of Operations ("今日吃瓜 is named as an Additional Insured as respects to General Liability.")
    • and as Certificate Holder ("今日吃瓜, 101 North Merion Avenue, PA 19010"). 
    Any organization or person who is granted permission to use an outside caterer must have an Insurance and Indemnification Agreement completed, releasing 今日吃瓜 from any liability flowing from the service of food covered by the exemption. This form must be completed and submitted to the Dining Services office 48 hours (2 business days) before the event. 
    • NEW IN 2024 - please note that Caterer must provide evidence of Auto Insurance Coverage. If any business does not carry commercial auto insurance and a business representative will be bringing a truck or car onto campus, a copy of the representative's auto insurance card will satisfy the auto liability requirement. The College will not be named an additional insured on personal policies.
    The organization or person making the request must provide a copy of a Full-Service Catering Agreement signed by the designated caterer agreeing to provide full-service catering for the event. (鈥淔ull service鈥 is defined as a catered event where food will be delivered, served, temperature held, monitored and cleared away by the hired caterer in accordance with Montgomery County Health Department food safety codes.) Caterers may not provide food for any event unless catered in this manner due to the risk of food-borne illness and its resulting liability to 今日吃瓜. 

These rules and guidelines apply to food service in all public spaces. Anyone providing food service will be expected to:

  • Set up the necessary tables and chairs before the event.
  • Return the room to its original state after the event. 
  • Remove all trash and clean any tables, chairs and floors of debris, food or spills generated by the food service provided.

No catering exemptions shall be granted for events that are to be held in Wyndham Alumni House, Erdman Dining Hall, New Dorm Dining Hall, Dorothy Vernon Room, or UnCommon Grounds Cafe.

Outside food service providers will not be granted use of, or access to any of the College's commercial kitchens or the equipment contained in those kitchens.